Thursday, July 29, 2021

A Year Older

 Day 13:


Today is my birthday.

I am not the only one spending their birthday in quarantine. I know of several other lucky inmates who have ticked a year older while waiting out this quarantine thing.

Imagine being a kid and being locked up on your special day. Especially when it's one of those big birthdays, like becoming a teenager. Yesterday, one of my coworker's daughters celebrated her 13th birthday.... behind the closed doors of a hotel.

She was isolated, but not forgotten.

 Sometime in the afternoon, a flash mob unexpectedly appeared on the plaza below her hotel window. Armed only with loud music and dance moves, these Morrison community members transformed a run-of-the-mill quarantine day into a special memory.



This is why I love my community. The people I work with and live with go beyond the expected and look for opportunities to bless others!


I just wish I had been on the "outside" and had the opportunity to be a part of this blessing. 

I have been blessed, as well today by the same community. A delicious cake was delivered to my door. Next came balloons and a gorgeous flower arrangement. Many blessings came via the internet- birthday messages both written and video.

Being quarantined for 14 (it's really 15) days isn't fun, but when you are doing life within a loving and caring community, it's not so bad!





 


No comments:

Post a Comment