Thursday, July 29, 2021

The Countdown

 Day 14

T minus 11.

We are in the last eleven hours of this 14 day quarantine.

Thank you covid-19.

Last night, I just couldn't fall asleep. I'm not positive, but it may have been the anticipation of returning to normal life. Despite being sleepy, my brain just kept whirling and twirling. Unfortunately, that makes for a very bad night of sleep.

Which makes for a very long day; a day that will extend into tomorrow. At exactly 12:01 am, we will officially be released.

 This will be me at 12:02 am.


Today seems to be the longest day of the last two weeks..

Packed and ready to escape, here I am twiddling my thumbs, watching the time slowly t i c k i n g away.

Here are some interesting numbers from our summer vacation.

1, 041 hours and 1 minute of captivity.

43 meals consumed within the walls of this room.

29 temperatures recorded.

26 hours in a car driving through various states

12 games of Shanghai Rummy

11 beds slept in. (The quarantine bed being the longest)

10 dogs petted and loved on.

8 airplane flights

5 covid tests

4 offspring visited

1 wedding

And that wedding was well worth all the hassles of travel and quarantine!



 I think I need a nap!





 




No comments:

Post a Comment