Friday, July 23, 2021

Half Way

 Day 7:

And that my friends, officially marks our half way point.

Seven days ago, with smiling faces, and hopeful hearts we entered our quarantine "paradise". Actually, we were exhausted, and at that point the only thing I wanted was a hot shower and a soft bed.


This was the last time Carl's feet were outside the room. The other day the hotel sent a message to all its occupants reminding us of the fine if we should choose to exit our rooms. No thank you. Quarantine is expensive enough!


See my lovely sticker? It proved I had followed all the appropriate steps at the airport and I was legally cleared for transportation. There was no question or doubt. This girl was marked for isolation.

At times, throughout the last seven days, I have thought about those incarcerated for one thing or another. Not necessarily those who committed a crime. We all know the consequences for breaking the law. But, more specifically, persecuted Christians or political prisoners- those who suffered or are suffering for having different beliefs than those in charge. 

Those cells were small, dark, and lacked any comforts of home. 

This hotel room is a mansion compared to prisons around the world. I am comfortable. I have a window. The internet. A bathroom with hot water, a rain forest shower,  a flushing toilet.  And....  I only have to do this for fourteen days.

Sometimes we have to be yanked out of our comfort zones to truly be grateful for what we do have.






No comments:

Post a Comment