Saturday, July 24, 2021

The Other Window

 Day 8:


    Today, I am very thankful for the internet.

I can't even imagine doing this thing called quarantine without this virtual "window".

Throughout the last 8 days I have been able to communicate with family and friends, both here in Taiwan as well as those on the other side of the world. Sometimes its written messages through Messenger and email. Other times it's face to face.

Through modern technology, I can virtually attend the services of our camp meeting, Camp Sychar, back in Ohio. Before moving to Taiwan, we never missed the ten day camp. It was one of our favorite places to be. If it wasn't for the need to quarantine, we would have been able to be there in person. But, it is what it is, and I am so thankful for the technology that allows me to be there. 




Since there is a twelve hour time distance, I get to start each day off right. The best thing about attending virtually is I get to wear my pjs!

Besides chatting and attending camp, I also used the internet today to watch some gymnastics, cycling, and beach volleyball at the Tokyo Olympics.


So while I appreciate the physical window here in my room, I also greatly appreciate this high tech window that lets me observe the "real" world!

  


Only 6 more sunsets before I am set free!






No comments:

Post a Comment